Loading articles...

Many treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after hockey game

KAMLOOPS (NEWS1130) – About 50 people had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning following a hockey game the Ice Box Arena in Kamloops.

It happened yesterday during a game between members of the Canadian Coast Guard and Department of Fisheries and Oceans.

Darshan Lindsey of Interior Health says individuals continued to arrive at the Royal Inland Hospital until early this morning, complaining of symptoms. She says three patients remained in emergency into the morning.

Joyce Wagenaar of Fortis BC says a boiler was the cause of the problem. It has since been shut off, and Wagenaar adds repairs are the next step.