Loading articles...

Two die in Burnaby after carbon monoxide leak

BURNABY (NEWS1130) A warning from police after two people were found dead yesterday in the trailer they were living in on 14th Avenue near Willard Street in Burnaby.

RCMP Inspector Tim Shields says the deaths appear to be accidental, a carbon monoxide leak to blame.

“A man and woman who lived inside the trailer that resembled a construction trailer had recently done some work on a propane powered generator,” Shields adds, calling the discovery of the man and woman’s bodies tragic.

“It looks like exhaust from the generator was leaking into the trailer and it appears that the deaths were accidental.”

No details have been released on the two people who died.

Shields warns everyone should have a carbon monoxide detector in their home and make there is proper ventilation, especially if their furnace or engine is powered by propane or gasoline.