PORT COQUITLAM (NEWS 1130) – It’s the latest case of an ongoing problem that we see every summer, but this time in ended in tragedy.
A Metro Vancouver veterinary hospital had to handle the death of a dog after it was left in a hot car last week.
The Shaughnessy Veterinary Hospital in Port Coquitlam posted a photo on its Facebook page on Friday of the dog, covered in a blanket, with a caption that stated how distraught the family is, and that something like this was preventable.
The post was short and part of it read, “We are heartbroken. Such a preventable disaster. Please, please stop doing this people!!!”
While it seemed like a grim, but important public service announcement, the family of the dog isn’t receiving much sympathy on the post, with hundreds of comments from people criticizing the family’s negligence, and many stating they wouldn’t extend their respects.
NEWS 1130 did reach out to the owner of the Shaughnessy vet hospital, but she declined to comment out of respect for the dog’s family.