B.C. (NEWS 1130) — A lost jacket, a store not taking back a pair of shoes without the original box, and what time is it — those are just some of the nuisance calls E-Comm took this year.
Following with the annual tradition, the folks at E-Comm have release the top 10 nuisance calls of 2018 that tied up phone lines. Jasmine Bradley with the agency says it is crucial people don’t tie up the lines in case there’s a real emergency.
“We also will frequently get people calling saying, ‘well this isn’t an emergency, but -‘ and so that’s extremely frustrating for our call-takers, because people clearly know it’s not an emergency, so why are they calling 911?”
Complaining that a fast food restaurant wasn’t open 24-hours-a-day as advertised, is #1 on E-Comm's top 10 list of calls that don't belong on 9-1-1 in 2018. Read the full list in our news release: https://t.co/CByAwlVZ8b pic.twitter.com/czwfOuxLZI
— E-Comm 9-1-1 (@EComm911_info) December 27, 2018
At the top of the list is someone calling 911 to complain about a fast food restaurant not being open 24-hours a day, even though it was advertised that way.
Other silly calls include, asking for first responders to help turn off their car lights, a car’s windshield wipers not working and someone thought it was important enough to call police to complain a store wouldn’t take their coupon.
E-Comm’s top 10 reasons not to call 911 in 2018
1. To complain a local fast food restaurant wasn’t open 24-hours-a-day, as advertised
2. To complain a store won’t take shoes back without the original box
3. To complain that a gas station attendant put the wrong type of gas in their car
4. To report a rental company provided the wrong-sized vehicle for a customer’s reservation
5. To report a restaurant wouldn’t redeem a customer’s coupon
6. To ask for help turning off their car lights
7. To report their vehicle’s windshield wipers had stopped working
8. To find out where their car had been towed
9. To report a lost jacket
10. To ask if the clocks move forward or backward during the spring time change