MONTREAL – First responders confirmed 43 people have been taken to hospital following a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a Montreal school.
An ambulance service spokesman said 35 children and eight adults complained of symptoms including dizziness and nausea Monday.
A physician at Montreal Children’s Hospital said patients from the school were in stable condition and under observation.
It was unclear whether the children affected were all in the same classroom.
The school was completely evacuated, and the other students are safe in a neighbouring school, the school board says.
More to come