BURNABY (NEWS 1130) — A convoy of postal workers plans to show their support for healthcare staff Friday evening.
To show their appreciation, employees from a Burnaby facility will be doing a “Drive-By Tribute” in their Canada post vehicles for the frontline workers at Burnaby General Hospital and some senior care homes.
The convoy starts at 6:30 p.m. and will travel through the following areas:
- Chartwell Carlton Care Residence, 4108 Norfolk Dr., Burnaby (6:50 p.m.)
- Burnaby General Hospital, 3935 Kincaid St., Burnaby (7:00 p.m.)
- Adanac Park Lodge, 851 Boundary Rd., Vancouver (7:10 p.m.)
- Taylor Manor, 851 Boundary Rd., Vancouver (7:10 p.m.)
- Fellburn Care Centre, 6050 E. Hastings St., Burnaby (7:20 p.m.)
Letter carriers say they’ve seen the many thank-you letters and drawings posted in windows and on mailboxes.
“These kind gestures mean a lot to our employees, and these drive-bys are one way for them to return the gratitude,” says an email from Canada Post.