VICTORIA (NEWS 1130) — COVID-19 cases continue to remain relatively high in B.C.’s Fraser Health and Interior Health regions, as 677 people province-wide tested positive for the virus since Monday.
One person has died in the Northern Health region.
Fraser Health reported 237 cases while 153 were in Interior Health. There are 102 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, 99 in Northern Health, and 86 in Island Health.
BC #covid19 active cases up by 350 – 6165 total
677 new cases today
10 more in hospital – 288 total
ICU up one – 140 total
(@adriandix said earlier 120 of those unvaccinated)
LTC/acute care outbreaks same – 24 total#bcpoli @news1130 pic.twitter.com/uuBZmrXXb9
— LizaYuzda (@LizaYuzda) September 14, 2021
Hospitalizations are up again. Out of the 6,165 active cases, 288 people are in hospital including 140 in intensive care.
The province adds, the Westminster House in Fraser Health is the latest health care facility to report the latest outbreak.
There are a total of 24 active outbreaks, including:
- Long-term care homes: Northcrest Care Centre, Menno Home, Westminster House
- Acute care: Chilliwack General Hospital
Vancouver Coastal Health
- Long-term care homes: Arbutus Care Centre, Louis Brier Home and Hospital, Opal by Element
- Long-term care homes: Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Spring Valley Care Centre, Kamloops Seniors Village, Hillside Village, The Hamlets at Westsyde, Joseph Creek Care Village
- Acute care: Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital
- Assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village, Hardy View Lodge and Rose Woods Village
- Long-term care homes: Sunset Lodge
- Long-term care homes: Jubilee Lodge
- Acute care: Fort St. John Hospital
Since the pandemic began, there have been a total of 175,819 cases, including 167,416 people who have recovered. Overall, 1,866 have died.
Eighty-six per cent of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 78.5 per cent have received their second. Since December, 7,630,846 vaccine doses have been administered.